The Lien Resolution Specialist is responsible for the verification and monitoring, investigating, and resolution of Medicare, Medicaid and Private Insurance liens.
- Requests liens from Medicare, Medicaid, military, and private insurance plans
- Responds to inquiries (email/fax/telephone) from client firms, Medicare, Medicaid, military and/or private insurance; initiates inquiries to client firms and insurance plans for necessary lien resolution information
- Reviews liens to determine whether charges are compensable with the injuries
- Ability to look up ICD10 codes
- Prepares correspondence to insurance plans to dispute claims and to request final liens/compromises/appeals
- Investigates and makes discretionary decisions to resolve any disputes
- Prepares letters to client firms explaining correspondence from insurance plans and providing case status updates
- Provides client written instructions for submitting lien payment to the plans
- Inputs and maintains accurate information into the computer data system
- Completes quality and accurate work in an organized, efficient, and timely manner;
- Responsible for a broad range of operational duties, ensuring timely completion and compliance with established standards
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge and proficiency in Time Matters and/or similar case database
- Knowledge of ICD9 Coding and CPT codes.
- Knowledge of medical diagnostic and procedural terminology.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel, as well as pertinent software packages; basic typing and computer keyboard skills required.
- Customer Service driven.
Job Type: Full-time