Mass tort cases bring a unique set of needs to a law firm requiring a unique set of answers. We have a team of nurses to assist your firm in the review and report completion for your clients. Proceeding with mass tort cases requires a relationship with a team that can support you over time as the cases may require record retrieval, research, review, and organization over months and years to finalize a mass tort project.
We have assisted in the development of and completion of plaintiff fact sheets for different MDLs, helped with chronological outline of an MDL beginning with Bellwether trials through hundreds of case reviews and plaintiff fact sheets, and provided an outline of medical bills associated with injury care as a result of pharmaceutical injury, a project encompassing almost two years of legal nurse consultant work.
Our team has assisted in multiple mass tort projects including Zantac, Valsartan, Benicar, Invokana, Diacetyl, IVC Filter Migration, Xarelto, Baer Hugger, Talc, Hyland Teething Tablets, Hernia Mesh, and Transvaginal Mesh.
- Case Chronology – Our team is specialized in pulling out the medical facts relevant to a case, outlining them in a timeline chronology and notation of any key significant facts. We also highlight any additional medical records that may be needed in support of the case.
- Our team can help develop the criteria necessary for review and fact extraction as it relates to illness/injury sustained as a result of the use of a particular drug, medical device or product. Once we outline the patterns and symptom development, we are able to make a strong case for related injury or alert your firm to any potential information that may disqualify a claimant.
- Our reviews and chronologies can be as brief or as detailed as your firm needs. We are able to compile a brief chronology of key case qualifying data early in the process and then add to the reviews for more detail of treatment and injury as needed.
- Plaintiff Fact Sheets and Injury Tables – Once the records are reviewed and chronology created, we are able to fill out any plaintiff fact sheet or scoring table required by the court or settlement administrators. Our team is specialized in Adobe Pro and able to create fillable PDFs for consistency, as well as organize, bookmark and highlight the related medical records for proof needed for final settlement.
- Specialized Billing Assessments – After outline of the relevant medical care from the time of injury through treatment, we are able to compare with medical billing records to show the cost of care due to product injury. This process will give you a detailed look at all related medical care, charges, adjustments, insurance payments and claimant out-of-pocket payments.
- Appeals Assistance – If there is any attempt at denial after final submission of the plaintiff fact sheet and score, we can review their stated reason and provide you with an Appeal Statement and supporting documents for resubmission.